Welcome to the OPEN Media Hub
The OPEN Media Hub Project focuses on high quality TV and video production and exchange among Neighbourhood and EU broadcast and online media and on strengthening of a professional community of journalist across the Neighbourhood.
OPEN Media Hub Activities
- management and senior editor masterclasses for broadcast media
- management and senior editor masterclasses for print and online media
- advanced training for broadcast journalists
- in-depth broadcast production workshops
- advanced training for print and online journalists
- understanding and covering the EU – specialized beat training for reporters
Content exchange platforms
- broadcast quality TV exchange platform
- exchange platform for online and print media
- individual awards for thematically focused production of various television and video formats (news, feature stories, shorts, interactive video etc.)
- short term placement of journalists at TV stations in the EU
- in-house management mentoring for broadcast, online and print media for participants in the management masterclasses
- peer-to-peer events for managers and senior editors (insider-guided participation in industry events in the EU)
- insider-guided participation in regional events
Who are we and why are we doing this?
Meet the Project Team
Anthony Headley, senior executive producer
With more than 25 years in TV Production and post production Anthony brings with him up-to-date television industry and production experience crucial to the success of the project. He has worked with CNN, Canal+, Al Jazeera and Associated Press Television News. He has been running TV news desk and operations including project management and budgeting of TV productions. He has over 5 years of experience in Neighbourhood countries having worked in Occupied Palestinian Territories, Jordan, Israel, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia and Azerbaijan. Anthony Headley is a native speaker in both English and French. He has a working knowledge in Russian.
Petko Georgiev, Senior media training and exchange expert
He brings more than 15 years of professional experience in international training programmes for journalists many of which in the Neighbourhood countries. He has worked as the Key Expert – Training in New Media, Media Management and Elections Reporting, EU Reporting in the Media Neighbourhood Project. He has over 5 years of experience in implementing media programmes in the European Neighbourhood and experience in peer-to-peer training, building community of practice with journalists from the Neighbourhood countries. Outside his native Bulgaria and another six EU countries, has worked in Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Russia, Tunisia and Ukraine. Petko Georgiev is fluent in English and Russian. He has good knowledge of French.
Who is funding the OPEN Media Hub?